Are you interested in knowing more about college admissions, the difference between public and private colleges, and anything and everything to do with college? Or, are you unsure on what's next after high school? Have your questions answered in this youth workshop!
When: Fri, Mar 29
Time: 6 – 9 PM
Who: Youth ages 12–19. Everyone–youth and parents–is welcome. Invite friends!
Where: Stanford University—Haas Center, DK Room, 562 Salvatierra Walk, Stanford, CA 94305
The event will be led by NBCC Partner, William Treseder, and will include 4 Modules:
Module 1: Why is college important to me?
- the value of education to each person
- the importance of learning to be creative
Module 2: Can I go to a good college?
- personal stories about getting into great schools
- understanding how identity plays a role in success
Module 3: Public colleges vs private colleges
- total price vs actual price, esp. factoring in scholarships
- discussing different tests that are required
Module 4: The best tools to apply
- a curated list of resources that we would discuss
William Treseder is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur, long-time NBCC member, and Stanford graduate. He worked many different jobs in high school before enlisting in the Marine Corps, which helped him develop discipline. He then used the GI Bill to attend community college, where he was class valedictorian, before transferring to Stanford. William has since mentored hundreds of high school and college students as they prepare for rewarding careers.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.