Operations Director, Children’s and Youth Ministries
Our Director of Operations for Children’s and Youth Ministries (CYM) should have a love for God and a commitment to use their professional expertise to enable excellence in church ministry and operations at NBCC. The CYM Operations Director will have the primary responsibility of driving operational excellence for our Children’s and Youth Ministries, including all aspects of Sunday Gathering Operations, including set-up, tear-down, check-in, curriculum delivery, and technology. The CYM Operations Director will also contribute in the areas of strategic planning and communications. The role requires independent initiative to research options, evaluate vendors, assess different approaches, and oversee implementation of a solution. All candidates should have a strong commitment to personal growth and development and should desire to work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment.
Our ideal Operations Director is a team player and is expected to lead inside of NBCC’s Leadership Virtues — “Humble, Hungry, Smart” — taken from The Ideal Team Player book by Patrick Lencioni. To get a sense of what we’re looking for, feel free to take this Ideal Team Player Self-Assessment.
Prepare for and Lead on Weekend Gatherings
- Oversee CYM safety/security, facilities, and operations - work with existing volunteers to build these teams and establish structure for continued growth of these teams.
- Working with volunteers and volunteer leaders, ensure that all rooms are setup, fully supplied for the weekend, and torn-down after Gatherings.
- Order or shop for any special items that will be needed for crafts/activities and ensure curriculum is prepared in advance for the season ahead. Coordinate with CYM Coordinators and/or Large Group Leaders.
- Work with volunteers and volunteer leaders, ensure that core technology needs are met, including check-in computer updates, printing, curriculum presentation, CYM website content, etc.
- Partner with CYM Coordinators and Room Coaches to help document procedures and best practices.
- Create and maintain inventory and restocking process and procedures.
- Ensure that all background checks are up to date, and that any mandatory training is completed on time.
Develop and Empower Leaders
- Be a permanent student and learner of NBCC’s culture, vision and values.
- Cast vision and reinforce ministry values for all CYM volunteers so that operational excellence is sustained by ministry purpose.
- Develop (mentor, train, and disciple) current operations team members and recruit and develop new volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Model and propagate NBCC’s value for hospitality and welcome, ensuring that families and first-time guests are served with warmth and care.
- Love for God, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and a deep care for children, youth, parents, and volunteers
- Strong management and project management skills, including a proven track record of leadership, thoughtful decision making, and independent initiative to drive projects from conception to completion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop robust documentation, communicate and assess strategic options, and develop strategic plans.
- Significant operations or administrative experience, with a flexible attitude that is willing to tackle virtually any task that needs to be done.
- Strengths in problem-solving, resourcefulness, process development, project management, and volunteer management.
- Proficiency and comfort with technology including web-based software, Microsoft Office, Mac and PC experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment.
- Completed application and background check that ensures no obstacles to working with children.
- Must be (or become) a regular attender of New Beginnings Community Church and engaged in the life of the NBCC community.
Located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, we are a growing community of 1,500 people, uniquely diverse in age, stage, culture and class.
We believe that the diversity of our church reflects the truth that God really does love all people. We are fully committed to building a community shaped by a strong fidelity to the truths of Scripture, while also being a safe place where people who are in different places on their journey with Jesus can explore, ask questions, and grow in their relationship with God.
Our vision emphasizes 4 key elements:
- To reach people who feel far from God, which means we meet people where they are at and engage the world with hospitality and generosity.
- To make disciples, which means we help people to live like Jesus did – with the same God‐given purpose, and an extraordinary love and grace for others that can truly change the world.
- To build families, which means we care about relationships and we help people to thrive by taking intimacy, honesty, and forgiveness seriously within their own families and the church as a family.
- To transform communities, which means we serve our neighbors and our community to bring greater justice, freedom, and joy.
We are a casual, come‐as‐you‐are kind of church, and everyone is welcome.
All applicants are asked to do the following:
Review NBCC’s Faith Statement to ensure agreement.
Review NBCC’s Vision & Values to ensure agreement.
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Respond in writing to three prompts:
- Describe your faith journey (2 paragraphs or less)
- Describe your general leadership, people/volunteer development, and operations experience (2 paragraphs or less)
- Describe your experience with children’s ministry, and/or youth ministry. (2 paragraphs or less)
Provide a video of your responding to the three prompts (please do not read verbatim on camera what you already submitted in writing, instead allow your passion to prevail).
Video duration: 5 minutes minimum/7 minutes maximum. All video content must be provided via an openly accessible web link; such as, YouTube or Vimeo. In other words, we are requesting "click and play" access (no login or special download requirements should be needed).
Submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org confirms that you agree with and support NBCC’s Faith Statement, Vision and Values.